Monday, September 22, 2008

Taking possitives away from a bad result

Drawing at home to a newly promoted side after wins against United and Marseille can obviously put a Kopite in a wrong frame of mind. After the game I caught myself thinking the worst of our side, harboring anger to ref who made a dodgy call. But when the storm settled, I tried to take some positives from the result, somewhat of an anomaly for bitter Liverpool fans. Obviously the partnership between Torres and Keane has been subject to speculation, but some factors shoudl be considered. Torres had a long summer with the Euro 2008 championships and is still not 100% fit; so with time, the goals should come. Keane is a different story, he has been at Liverpool for some time and still hasn't scored, for a striker that is obviously frustrating. He is obviously lacking confidence and trying to find his place in our 4-4-2. He is a quality striker, but I think that we should go back to the 4-2-3-1, but I am not Rafa and I do not see him changing the formation, so I can only have faith in our squad.

I look forward to the Crewe match on Tuesday. If Rafa chooses to play youngsters, this will be a good match to see them show their skills.t I especially look forward to seeing Insuia, N'gog, Plesesis, and Cavalieri in action. If he chooses to stick with the usual squad, hopefully Keane can finally grab a goal and kick start his season at Liverpool.

No comments: